RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT -ITPO
PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING INFORMATION
(1) An application in writing may be made in English, Hindi or any Official language of the area either to the CPIO or the APIO specifying the particulars of information sought for. The application should contain the full postal address of the applicant.
(2) A request for obtaining Information under sub-section (1) of section 6 of the Right to Information Act 2005 shall be accompanied by an application fee of Rupees ten by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque/Indian Postal order & money order payable to India Trade Promotion Organisation.
(3) For providing the Information under sub-section (1) of section 7 of the above Act the applicant shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable/money order/Indian Postal order to India Trade Promotion Organisation at the following rates :-
(a) Rupees two for each page (in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied.
(b) Actual charge or cost price of a copy in larger size paper.
(c) Actual cost or price for samples or models and
(d) For Inspection of records, no fee for the first hour, and a fee of rupees five for each fifteen minutes (or fraction thereof) thereafter.
(4) For providing the information under sub-section (5) of section 7 of Right to Information Act 2005 shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque/money order/Indian postal order payable to India Trade Promotion Organisation at the following rates :-
(a) For information provided in diskette or floppy rupees fifty per diskette or floppy and
(b) For information provided in printed form at the price fixed for such publication or rupees two per page of photocopy for extracts from the publication.
(5) For people below the poverty line no fees is payable, but the applicant has to attach along with his application a certificate to the said effect from the village officer or any other competent authority as the case may be.
Particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use.
ITPO's Trade Portal and Business Information Centre (BIC) have been providing a wide range of trade information services to Indian exporters and overseas importers. The Trade Portal with 12GB of information was accessed by over 1,00,000 visitors per year averaging about 300 visitors per day. The Portal has information on sourcing from India, profiles of 28 major product groups and 54 major markets, suppliers profiles, Global Importers Directory covering around 43,000 importers profiles, overseas market situation, trade fairs and exhibitions, trade statistics, tariffs and taxes, govt. policies, links to other trade related sites, etc. The site has easy and user friendly navigation and search options for searching by product, country or keyword. A link to a payment gateway exists so that prospective users can become members of the portal online with a credit card.
ITPO has a library facility in Hall No. 19 where various publications both from India and abroad, access to online data bases such as GTIS, KOMPASS, etc. are kept. It also has about 20 computers with internet facilities which can be utilized by ITPO members both Regular and Associate. General visitors can also avail of the facility against payment of Rs. 40/- per day.